Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dream

I woke up in de middle of my sleep crying. I dreamt that mummy dearest was being forgotten and unappreciated by friends and family and i couldn't stop crying after that. Think i wept for a good 10 mins before falling asleep again.

In my dream, Mummy was her usual self, being nice and doing her best for everyone and everything but yet no one seems to appreciate her efforts, leaving her out of their gathering and little group chats while she was busy, preparing and cooking food for everyone else so that they can fill their stomachs.
The scene then later changed to the poolside, where mum sat in the jacuzzi alone with me looking from a distance, i turned my head away for a moment and when i looked back, instead of mum sitting there, it was replaced by all the other unappreciative aunties.
I got anxious and looked around frantically for mum and finally saw her sitting alone, again, on a chair by the jacuzzi with her face in black botches like she got infected with some real mean disease.
I was damn worried and immediately ran to her and when i got to her looking like i'm about to breakdown, mum in a tired-but-tried-to-sound-chirpy-soothing tone told me not to worry about her and those weird botches was actually her facial mask.
I was relieved and yet really upset at those arseties for treating my mum this way... and my dream ended here because of the warm tears that was running down my cheeks.

My tears continued on after i woke up because of the many many thoughts that ran thru my head post-dream. I dread to imagine how i will cope the day my parents will be called to the other realm. Or any of my siblings for that matter. :(

No comments: