Monday, November 27, 2006

the one about foot reflex session

For a long while. This was a first in many weeks that we (uncle tan + me) actually woke up early during a weekend @ 9am.

We were both suppose to wake up even earlier and head for mackers breakfast before heading to this really fantastic Foot Reflex place at Ang Mo Kio Ave 1. But 9am was the best we could clock. =p

Perhaps a little background about this amazing foot reflex shop.
I think it is they are one of the best masters in tiny Singapore. I used to go there often when i was with my ex-bf. And then when we broke up, i did not have the contact of that place so my visits stopped there and then. Even though i could have easily made a trip to get their name card, laziness prevented me frm doing so and also walk-in customers are usually not entertained, so if i were to travel all the way there without a good rub to my soles, will be really pointless and sad. They are so popular that hoping to get your feet massaged by them as and when you like is rarely possible, it is usually BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

So coincidentally, last wed when i met my cousin for dinner, he was telling me that his company just organized a mass foot massage session for them and how amazing those reflexologist are, going on and on about how they can pin-point all his symptoms just by applyin pressure on the various acupoints on his feet bla bla bla and before i know it, *ting* i got the number of the AMK foot reflex. So the following day, while i was in the midst of telling of Uncle Tan how great this place is, we made a booking for Sat morning.

Even though there's alwiz the doubt of such massages and their benefits. For some they might think we are crazy to pay to be tortured (it gets painful at certain area) but I like to think that foot reflex is like taking vitamins, no one really know how we can exactly benefit but we just take it to mentally tell ourself we are doing our bit to enhancing/boosting whatever we feel our body needs. As was shared to me by the reflex uncle, every one will react differently post-massage. For me so far after every session, i will always be burping and farting.. So this time round i burped and fart as usual, but the indication that foot reflex does work is, right after my session, i needed to SHIT! Somehow all the rubbing on my sole made my not so productive intestines active again.
I had already constipated for 3 days and have gave up trying to defeceate myself and 15mins right after the session, i had a huge urge to answer nature call. I was relieved! :)

Another reason why i love this place is, the moment you step in, you will see that the massage shi-fus are all guys, looks really professional and the decor is bright and clean.
Such places are relatively rare in singapore now, especially with the influx of neighbourhood spa/beauty/massage centres sprouting out everywhere.

Uncle and i have accidentally stumbled upon one such place once. The person massaging our feet were china ladies, who were called to the shop when we were there. The lady tending to me was wearing a low cut top that conveniently showed her clevages. I tink she's hoping that her showcase will distract people from noticing that she know nuts about foot reflex. Then when she was tending to me, she had this perpetual "buay song" look on her face and when i tried to smile to her, she looked away and when some other male client leaves the shop, she will unabashly say 'come back next time...must ask for me la...*smile smile*' . Really ah.. Face so scunch up already still so hiao. Ultimate ickish people.

So this Foot Reflex place is where you can get the most authentic foot reflexology experience.
The rates:
For 30mins --> $30
For 45mins --> $35
For 60mins --> $40

The address:
Will update again

No comments: